WHAT IS WAXED CONCRETE?
- French name meaning literally : rubbed concrete (or waxed concrete).
- Consists of high-quality material: cement-based mortar,
fine particles of concrete and resin.
- The mortar can be stained with a pigment powder.
Very wide range of colors !
- Always cover with several layers of impregnation and protective coating.
- Coating thickness: only 2 to 3 mm.
- Very high degree of hardness.
- Little to non porous.
- Absolute resistance to water.
- Wear resistant-durability.
- Without joints or gaps.
- Conducting temperature.
- Provided that a special primer layer is applied, and if necessary a reinforcement mesh, applicable to all types of stable surfaces such as tiles, wood, etc.
- Aesthetic result: from modern freshness to cosy atmosphere. Depending on the colours chosen and thanks to the plastering method, the result is a smooth appearance or a more ” rubbed effect.”
Where to use waxed concrete in your home ?
- In every living, working or sanitary space. Examples : house, apartment, office, showroom, practice, gallery, e.g.
- Floor covering with or without underfloor heating.
- Counters, kitchen sinks, furniture, e.g.
How to guarantee the sustainability ?
- Easy to maintain.
- Do not use any abrasive sponge, nor cleansing agents that contain abrasive or acid components.
- If desired, possibility to procure special cleansing products.
It would be our pleasure to pay you a visit in order to go through the different options for your project!
To read FICHE TECHNIQUE