A Quartz Stone or Ornamental Gravel Carpet is a seamless design floor finish made of quartz or natural gravel granules – rounded to size and mostly coloured – in a binding agent of a transparant epoxy resin and a hardener. The costumer has a choice of different gravel gradations, colours and colour combinations: the marriage of a warm design feel with the durability of a hard floor carpet.
* The Quartz Stone or Ornamental Gravel Carpet is suitable for your house or apartment, office, showroom, shop, practice, gallery, etc.
* This Stone Carpet is ideal not just for newly built properties, but also for renovations and restorations. If the existing floor is solid, dry, dust- and grease- free, there’s no need to break it up. The Stone Carpet is spread out over the existing floor and immediately gives your floor a new exciting look. Even stairs, walls and skirting boards can be coated and renovated with unique results.
* The closed structure Quartz Stone or Ornamental Gravel Carpet is the solution for intensively used areas such as entrance halls, reception rooms, living rooms, kitchens, conservatories, bathrooms, toilets, round showers, student digs, retirement homes and shops.
* Within buildings the Stone Carpets need a closed structure when water regularly ends up on the floor, so that the water can be easily mopped up.
* Inside your home or apartment the open structure stone carpet offers a solution for wandering dust in the bedroom. Even in some showrooms. But regularly vacuuming is necessary, because the floor hides the dirt.
* The Ornamental Gravel or Quartz Stone Carpet adapts to the surrounding pleasant temperature and feels warmer, because of its superior heat conduction. The carpet is therefore ideal in combination with under floor heating and comfortable for bare feet.
The Quartz Stone or Ornamental Gravel Carpet can be applied on any solid and durable foundation, which is also dry, dust- and grease-free. Concrete, screed floors, cement floors, old floors, tiled floors, glued novilon and stable wooden floors provided they are first stabilized with waterproof glued multiplex.
Depending on what it is used for the floor gets an open or a closed structure.
In the open structure floor there is space between the gravel or quartz granules. Dust and dirt are picked up in the pores and the floor hides the dirt.
In the closed structure floor the pores of the stone carpet are sealed, so that the dust, liquids and dirt cannot be absorbed. The benefits of the sealing coats are, that the carpet is stronger, very good waterproof and more elastic. You also have the option of a transparent and high gloss, or mat finish.
For the open structure stone carpet regular vacuuming usually suffices. Food stains, sand, mud, etc. can be brushed out, using lukewarm water and a cloth. Always use neutral detergents and never use chemical stain removers. You can spring clean the floor yourself with lots of water, soap, a brush or a wet vacuum.
Intensively used areas, such as entrance halls, reception rooms, living rooms, kitchens, conservatories, bathrooms, round showers, toilets and shops, … which attract more dirt, require protective top layers, named a closed structure.
A closed structure stone carpet is virtually maintenance free: simple vacuuming and occasional mopping will do. Stains can be removed with cold or lukewarm water and a cloth.
Always use a neutral detergent and never use chemical stain removers.
– Limitless decorative and stylish possibilities for incorporating business logos, lines, ornamental borders, any figure or pattern in your floor.
– Colour fastness depending on the sealing coats.
– A wide range of colour variations and combinations.
– Seamless and strong.
– Quartz, named SiO2, has number 7 on the hardness scale of Mohs from 1 till 10. So the durability of the floor is guaranteed.
– Wear-resistant: walking and light transport traffic.
– Very resistant to the pressure exerted by furniture… The compression strength depends on the granule gradiation and the percentage of binding compound ( between 19.5 – 29.6 N/mm2 ).
– Good flexural strength. Also flexibility depends on the granule gradiation and the percentage of binding compound ( 5.7 – 7.7 N/mm2 ).
– Ideal in combination with under floor heating and for walking barefoot.
– Very good waterproof.
– Can be walked on after 24 hours (depending on the surrounding temperature). Hours depending on the sealing coats.
– Stress proof after 48 hours (depending on the surrounding temperature). Hours depending on the sealing coats.
– The closed structure option is very maintenance friendly.
– The closed structure is hygienic.
– The closed structure is very suitable for families with children and pets.
– The open structure requires much more maintenance than the closed one. This floor hides the dirt.
Diameter 1-2 mm Thickness 4,5 mm
Diameter 2-3 mm Thickness 6 mm
Diameter 3-4 mm Thickness 8 mm
The thickness of the layer can be adapted to your personal requirements.
Caution! These colors may, depending on the settings of your screen, differ slightly from reality. Contact our sales people to view the color samples